The birth of my son put a hold to my hobby work for a good 2 months and I am only now getting back into the swing of things. It helps that he is a good sleeper so I can often get him settled in his camp cot next to me while I work which is great.
Recently I’ve turned my attention back to my Gloomspite Gitz army. Above is my current progress on a unit of Stabbas for my fledgling green tide. What makes these guys and my Gloomspite army as whole very different from my usual approach to Warhammer is that this is the first time I am creating my own colour scheme for an army. I’ve always liked the idea of doing it but have previously been put off by my lack of painting skill and the time investment required to create a good colour scheme. My parental leave however gave me some time (mainly during baby naps!) to really dig into colour theory, experiment a bit and come up with what you see above.
These guys are about 2/3rds done and I am really liking the results so far, the purple robes in particular have come out better than I was expecting. Hopefully working well with the yellow bad moon iconography and bright blue highlights on the ropes (that I still have to add). I’ve learnt so much just working on this one unit and while it has taken a lot longer than I would have liked to paint them the results speak for themselves.
I’ll share the full paints list once they are finished and looking their best. It is a scheme I will be carrying forward in various ways across my Gloomspite army and I am already starting to formulate the background for my Skrap of Grots. Something which for me is arguably more exciting.